Friday, November 29, 2013

Singapore Trip 2013. Carlton City Hotel. A pleasant stay!

Choosing a place to stay when you are on a vacation? It merely depends on indivisuals on how they pick the places. As every one has their own criteria on which aspect to look after to. As for me, a mommy of 2 kids (and clenaholic myself) I'm very concern with the cleanliness of the room I shall be staying in. I can be extremely fussy with the bed that I'm going to lie down with my husband and my darling kids. Luckily my husband is ok with that. He used to disagree with me whenever I'm acted too pembersih and too pengemas at home (too detailed in petty stuff sometimes) but when we are going out, he doesn't really mind me being myself. Alhamdulillah.. Senang nak berjalan la ini macam =D

So when we are about to book a hotel room in Singapore I need to find a clean hotel (at least to my own standard). How to get one? Usually a 4 to 5 star hotels are reasonably clean (read usually). But to stay in a 5 star hotel in Singapore is pretty much a crazy thing to do. Grand Hyatt Singapore for an instant. It will costs us a bomb. So I need another alternative which is; clean hotels may come from a newly operational hotel too. I was so lucky that my last minute search for a hotel finally gets me to know Carlton City Hotel which has just operated last August. I bet the bed sheet must be super clean, no stain mark on the curtains and carpets, the furniture fittings must be in good condition, the bathroom must be as clean as a whistle and bacteria spread might be in a reasonable quantity.

And yup. Our room condition was just as I expected. Alhamdulillah. The only drawback that we have encountered was the check in and check out process that took a bit longer than what we have experienced in other places. That is somehow acceptable as I believe the receptionists have only be in service for 3 months.


Main attraction. The giant flower petals chandelier at the main lobby. Magnificent!
It highlights such contemporary look unlike any other chandeliers I've seen in other hotels. 
I guess everyone would be starstruck when they gets in the lobby for the first time. 
Including us. Hehe. 



Oh before I forget. We traveled to the hotel from Changi Airport by Maxi Cab, a 10-seater Mercedes Benz MPV! Oh dear.. It was so spacious and comfortable with a perfect outside view, Singapore is so green! I like it so much.. The kids lagi la. But then, at first we were a bit cuak jugak. Wondering how much would the taxi fare be. Last time we were riding an Alphard from Ascott Jakarta to Bandara Soekarno Hatta and the fare was expectantly expensive. Once arrived at the hotel we were quite surprised that the charge was only 20 dollars plus! Pheww.. 


Reception counter


Tuxedo Coffee House 

Lift lobby


Darling Amanda walking towards our room.


Hubby was excited to know that the room we shall be staying is numbered 1303. That is actually his birth-date! Ada 'ong' ah?? Heheh. Joking. They provide plenty of interesting channels unfortunately kids' channel are not available. Upon check in completion hubby requested a prayer mat but the hotel didn't provide it. It's not a big thing as we can use macam2 lagi kain untuk alas. But what touches me the most is that the friendly Muslim bell boy handed over us a sheet of prayer times in Singapore. Tho we can check the times as easy as a click on our phone but the nice thought really counts. Thank you mister, semoga Allah merahmati hidup kalian. Amin. 


The king size bed as per requested. The room is reasonably spacious for us, with 2 small kids.


Cloudy Saturday. It was about to drizzle soon after this picture was snapped. 
I love the 'para' at the big window as that was my kids' favorite place.
Mereka makan kat situ, panjat2 lompat2 kat situ. Tengok iPad sama2 pun kat situ. Hehe 



The see-thru panel separating the bathroom from the room itself. Many hotels that we've stayed in has this kind of feature and we simply love it. If you are staying with kids obviously it's easier to monitor them when they are having fun in the bath tub and you suddenly need to settle some stuff at the other end of the room. And if you are staying without kids then I guess you can 'monitor' your partner doing his stuff too. You got what I mean? Haha




Oh ya. Another minor set back from the bathroom is coming from the tiles. They used the same white colored tiles from the floor to the walls. Safety issue here. As one can't differentiate the wet and dry tiles properly - you know when your kids started becoming hyper and splashing water all over the floor. Luckily we haven't encountered any unfortunate events as I've reminded my family several times each time they went to the bathroom, to be extra cautious when walking. You might slipped! 

This hotel is located in a walking distance to Tanjong Pagar MRT. Boy the MRT service is good! We can go almost everywhere riding just train. And the kids love it. There a two outlets of 7-Eleven nearby (where we get our mineral water supplies, hotels only provide drinking water as always). There is also a 24/7 grocery shop just across the road. No worries mate, Singaporeans are very discipline human being. They will stop for pedestrians! and it's very CLEAN and you can get almost everything. We get our fruits, crackers, juices and Vitagen supplies from there. McDonald's and Mamak eatery are also few minutes walk from the hotel. 

We might be coming back to Singapore once Ayra is 2 years plus of age. Seriously, 4 days aren't enough. Singapore has too much to offer! So, will we be staying here again? I'm not sure. To date we are fully satisfied with this hotel but I guess hubby may wants to change the location. To experience a new ambiance at a new place I think. 

That's all for now!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for Posting ! Find the Best Furniture Fittings in Malaysia ! Furniture Fittings.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails