Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Singapore Trip 2013. Singapore Zoo!


I bet this is one the most anticipated venue during our Singapore Trip. I really really love going to the zoo, being able to witness variety of stimulating animals literally but always get disappointed with our very own Zoo Negara. I'm sorry, but I really have to highlight this. I've went to Zoo Negara for several times. During childhood days tak perlu cerita la sebab tak kesah sangat, janji parents bawak jalan2 dah seronok sakan bukan. But when I reached adulthood and I keep on bringing my nieces and then my own kids to the zoo, I was a bit frustrated with Zoo Negara (well to summarized it all). 

The entrance fee (RM30) is ridiculous and doesn't telly with the facilities and services provided. Singapore Zoo charged us almost RM55 per adult but frankly speaking I don't have any bad comments about them, at all. Few areas at Zoo Negara are so smelly and I just can't stand it. I know it's a zoo and they kept animals there (a lot of them) but proper maintenance and management can surely minimize the smell. I spotted 2 areas in Singapore Zoo that were a bit smelly but I seriously can tolerate with that. The F&B services in Zoo Negara is also boring compared to Singapore, it seems lifeless and dull. In Singapore I may found the zoo staff in their safari uniform all over the zoo compound and they were full of smiles and very attentive. While in Zoo Negara I hardly found one except few at the performance show and yeah.. the tram driver? I'm sorry, I really hope to see major improvements in Zoo Negara one fine day. 

Ok ok. now, lets don't spoil my mood. 
I'll brief up my great experience at Singapore Zoo according to the pictures ok =)

     

Papa went to the loo so mommy managed to observe the surrounding with the kids.

Oh ya. We were traveling to the zoo via public bus and MRT. Each time we are traveling aboard hubby always insisted to experience (at least once) how is it like to be a local. It is fun seriously, but I'm a bit unsure at first as we are traveling with kids and 2 baby strollers along. "Are you sure with the plan?". I keep on asking the same question that night and keep on receiving the same answers from him. He seems so convinced with the plan, so.. lets do it!

I've already forgotten the MRT and Bus Stations that we have went to in order to reach the zoo but you may ask the Singaporeans as they are more than willing to guide you through. But please, avoid people who looks in a rush or too busy with their phones with crooked lines on the fore head, you might get a jerking look before they even answering it. 


Ada booth makcik muslim jual kuih muih. Beli sikit untuk bekal jalan2.

 
Wondering why is Ayra covered with kain pelikat? My darling Amanda had never ridden a bus before and so that day she experienced her first bouncy trip via the bus (there was one memorable moments during our bus trip but I shall cover that in the next post). Moreover, she had eaten a lot during the journey. From chips to kuih muih to cereals to vitagen and plain water. Just 2 minutes before the bus stopped at the zoo, my poor baby vomited on to her shirt and teddy bear. Sian die.. To make things worse, I didn't bring her spare shirts that day as we will be coming back to the hotel when the zoo trip is done so I think tak payah la kut.. Huhu. Luckily I've brought along few clean napkins. I got her cleaned and then rushed to the souvenir shop in the zoo. 

I need to get through the entrance/exit barrier in order to get to the souvenir shop. So I talked to to the zoo staff regarding my situation and I'm so glad that she truly understands that and let me in (without purchasing tickets first) so that I can get Ayra a new shirt ASAP. Phewww.. Lega sangat. Alang2 dah masuk dalam belikan sekali shirt and cap Faheem. Hehe. Spot the black and white shirt Ayra's wearing on the right? I ike it so much! I also get almost the same shirt to Faheem but with a jungle background =) Ingat nak carikan teddy bear baru tapi tak ada yang berkenan. Dah beli keluar balik and siapkan Ayra. Faheem pun excited sebab mama hilang kejap tengok2 dapat cap baru lepas tu. Hehehe


Settle hal Ayra papa went to get the tickets. 
If I'm not mistaken the entrance fee is SGD22 for adults and SGD14 for children. 
I love the wooden flooring and wall. It reflects outdoor activity 
and simultaneously excites us to do the zoo stuff! =)



Nice and clean ambiance at the zoo entrance.
It was school holiday but the place wasn't that crowded at all.


Upon entering the zoo hubby kept few of the (heavy) belongings in the locker. 


His current fav cap =)
It started to drizzle when we were about to continue the journey luckily the souvenir shop provides rain coats for all the visitors, it costs us just a few dollars (it is so cute as it has a printed face of orang utan at the back of the coat) Hihi. We decided to take a tram ride first as it is a better way to visualize the routes in the zoo (with the help of the map from the brochure of course). During the tram ride I can see peoples be it adults or kids went thrilled as the tram is approaching their favorite animals. Everyone was like "Waaaa mommy mommy look at that!". "So tall!". "Look the tiger is sleeping!". "When is he gonna roar mama!" - Well something like that. Haha. And there were so many foreigners too - Japanese, Indians, Indonesians and macam2 jenis mat sallehs. No wonder Singapore is among the favorite tourist spot in Asia =)



One of my favorite spot, the orang utans' area.
Look how green and serene this place is. 


Road signage. Looks nice and lively!


Our tummy started to rumble when we have done few round with the tram ride. We spotted few Ah Meng Restaurants in the zoo and we chose to stop over at this place as it looks bigger than others. Upon entrance I spotted Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream booth! Do you know that Singapore Zoo is the only Zoo in South East Asia to be having Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop? Yup.. You got it right. So I got 3 flavors of lip smacking ice creams for papa, myself and Faheem. Luckily Ayra was having her nap time - so I need to handle only 1 comot kids and that was so relieving. Hehe

Done with ice cream papa decided to have lunch at the same place. Actually we have agreed to have late lunch at Vivo City that day but he said the food booths at Ah Meng looked interesting and why not if we give it a try. FYI there were lots of people in the restaurant. I'm not sure weather all of them were so hungry or the selection of food were that motivating and everyone fells like trying? Every food booth provides various kind of meals, from Indian cuisines to Malay to Chinese and not to be forgotten, the western food. He had mee rebus and chicken rice for me and Faheem. And it turned out delicious (with big portion!). No wonder la ramai sangat yang datang. Even my husband make a joke few times about this - "Punyela sedap mee rebus, tapi kat Singapore, dah la dalam zoo." Hahaha..

Oh one more thing, the restaurant is approved Halal. So no worrires k =) 

With happy yummy, we went to continue the Zoo tour. 


The Frozen Tundra show. 
That polar bear is the first in the world to be born in the tropics!




We got so tired after few hours spending time strolling in the zoo so we decided it is time to give it a halt. But before that, souvenir is a must! Again, I love their souvenir shop =) So many cute and fascinating stuff in there. From the legendary (hehe) fridge magnets to key chains to teddy bears to stationary to shirts and caps and everything in between. Done with shopping we went to the baby room for Ayra's diaper change. She didn't poo poo but I already get used to diaper-change several times during a holiday, just for her comfort as she might get sweaty a lot during outdoor activity.

Lastly, queuing for a cab. We were a bit down looking at the long queue but was relieved A LOT soon after that as the first cab arriving wished to head to Chinatown (the area where we were actually staying). It was changing shift hour said the friendly taxi driver. So dengan tenang hati we hopped into the cab meninggal kan orang2 yang beratur itu. Hihi. If we have the chance to have a holiday again in Singapore, I would love to pay this place a visit one more time.Maybe some time bila Ayra dah besar sikit nanti. InsyaAllah..

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails