Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug on Christmas Eve


Me and hubby went to watch the sequel of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug yesterday at MBO Cinemas. As highly expected, two thumbs up for Peter Jackson's team! Although everyone in the hall was a bit frustrated on how the movie ends - the ultimate war was just about to begin for god sake! Haha. Habis macam tu je.. Memang kene tunggu Hobbit 3 la macam ni. The highlight of the story would definitely be (for me) the appearance of the handsome Elf, the master of bow and arrow, Legolas!

The first time we got to see him in action was in Lord of The Ring during my tertiary level, which was 8-9 years back?? Last time Legolas was portrayed by Orlando Bloom but in Hobbit 2 I'm not sure who he is but I think hes's not the same person, I recognized the difference between them by their lips and the color of his eye. The previous Legolas had thinner lips with higher cheek bone and the eye color wasn't that glittering blue. Maybe Orlando Bloom has grown older or maybe the make up artist wasn't too details with that. Heheh. 


Anyhow, it is pretty weird for me to begin my last Monday of the year with a movie review (after so long??). Hehe. The school is off for a week so the kids are currently staying with their beloved atok and nenek at kampung (terima kasih banyak2 atok and nenek, semoga tuhan sentiasa merahmati mama dan abah, amin!). Well that explains how we manged to watch a movie during Christmas Eve. Yeah, Christmas Eve! Super long queue to purchase the tickets as expected, but we managed to get ours within seconds as we have membership privileges. With free drinks and popcorn? I could't asked for more. 

Believe it or not, we went to the cinema for 3 times this week; Captain Philips, 47 Ronin and The Hobbit. Two of them are based on true stories while the other one is based on epic high fantasy novel. We are so glad that all them were marvelous especially captain Philips, totally worth it.

Thinking of our next movie session today but none of the screenings look interesting. Well I really wish to watch Frozen, (I'm 30 and Disney's animation will forever be my favorite. Hihi) but then I guess I should be enjoying it with the kids. We stumbled upon my hubby's ex boss with her husband and kids at the cinema, apparently they are watching the same movie. I asked weather they have brought their kids for Frozen and the answer excites me more. Their kids love it to bits, they can't stop laughing and screaming in excitement. Weeee.. The other weekend hopefully?!

         

Images/posters : Googled

2 comments:

  1. Good review Lisa. While it needed to be longer, I still felt like this was a nice enough sequel where we at least get more tension within the story, and feel like it's actually moving somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. Can't wait for Hobbit 3 isn't it! =)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails